Sunday 10 May 2015

Latest Knife (sort of) + new stamp

Hi all,

Not exactly a new knife, as I had made two of these several months back and only got around to finishing off this one as of recent. Both are EDC (everyday carry) style pocket knives in 1/8" triple tempered O1 tool steel and micarta scales. I'm happy to say that I've improved between that knife and the last one with respect to leather work at the very least though (both sides of the stitching look the same)! I recently had a custom laser cut delrin makers stamp made by Jeff Mosby from Grey Ghost Graphics down in South Carolina, and I have to say I am very impressed by the turnaround time and quality of the piece, and it didn't break the bank!

A substantial hand stamp - it has surprising heft for a piece of plastic.

I'm amazed that this level of detail actually showed up - not sure if something this intricate can be machined


It's really rewarding to be able to sign your own work, and think it adds a great touch to the pieces. Not too much to show here aside from some finished pics and a few pictures of the process ( whatever I could take without getting grime all over my point and shoot).

Below are pictures of the one I worked on about 5 months ago:




And the most recent one:






(sorry about the grimy fingers)



No comments:

Post a Comment